Do you sometimes find it exhausting to be ‘healing’, ‘working on yourself’ or trying to be a better person?
In this episode we deal with some lesser discussed mental health topics. Chynene and Katherina both come to terms with the challenges around ‘doing the work’; realizing that active healing phases can be painful and exhausting.
This conversation discusses how we cope when we’re trying to better ourselves.
- toxic positivity,
- feeling guilty for time off,
- healing as a coping mechanism,
- avoiding triggers out of fear,
- holding space for friends who are going through tough times,
- and accepting that it feels like life just fucking sucks sometimes and allowing ourselves to feel that way.